Clothes To Kids of Fairfield County is a year-round program. Each eligible child may visit the CTKF Store twice in a 12-month period, to shop for a full week’s worth of school clothes.
In order to shop at the Clothes To Kids of Fairfield County store, the family must follow these four steps:
- Get a referral
- Families that receive free or reduced-price lunch through Fairfield County Schools, may use their official notification letter (for the current school year) as a letter of referral.
- Families may also get a letter of referral from an approved community advocate. **The letter must be an original document, printed on letterhead.
- See our Who Qualifies? page for more information.
- Make an appointment
- Clients shop by appointment only.
- Parents or guardians should contact our Appointment Coordinator
- Include the family name and phone number in your message.
- If necessary, the agency or person making a referral may set an appointment on behalf of the family.
- Bring a valid referral letter to every appointment
- If necessary, a referral may be emailed directly to CTKF on behalf of a family. The email should include a note with the day and time of the family’s appointment to shop. Do not send a referral for a family that has not yet made an appointment.
- Present photo identification (parent or guardian)
See Who Qualifies? for eligibility guidelines and how to get a referral.
The CTKF Store
Each eligible child may visit the CTKF Store twice in a 12-month period, to shop for a full week’s worth of school clothes. This includes 5 tops, 4 bottoms (pants, shorts or skirts), 1 dress (optional), 1 jacket, 1 pair of shoes and 5 new pairs of underwear and socks. We call this the CTK Wardrobe. Extra items, such as pajamas, gloves, hats, and toys may also be available.
Volunteer shopping assistants will work with families to help them find complete wardrobes for each child. Families are welcome to shop with or without the children. Our wonderful volunteers have created an exceptional shopping experience. The store is bright, cheerful, and inviting. We stock a wide variety of clean, stylish, top quality clothing–arranged by size and type–so shoppers can browse to select what they like best. And of course, dressing rooms are provided to ensure a comfortable fit.
Clients shop by appointment only. Please refer to the details above regarding what is required before making an appointment to visit the store. Visit our Shopping FAQs for more info.